Job Title: Fundraising Specialist
Reports to: Ujwal Thapa Foundation (UTF) Board
Job Type: Fulltime
We are looking for a Fundraising Specialist to join our team and help us raise funds for our organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for fundraising and a proven track record of successful fundraising campaigns.
Role & Responsibilities
● Develop and implement a fundraising strategy and plan that aligns with the organization’s goals, mission, and values
● Identify potential donors and cultivate relationships with them
● Build a network of supporters and volunteers to assist with fundraising initiatives
● Write grant proposals and other fundraising content
● Organize and manage fundraising events
● Collaborate with other departments to ensure fundraising efforts are integrated with overall organizational strategy
● Maintain financial transparency by keeping accurate records of donor information and contributions
● Analyze fundraising data to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and make recommendations for improvement
Monthly administration responsibilities
· Provide UTF with a monthly list of activities undertaken
· Provide written updates about activities and outcomes
· Provide expenditure linked to an activity or task carried out for the fundraising efforts. All requests must include details of expenses.
· Maintain regular communication with the board and the team to update on progress and challenges
Personal attributes and skills
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as business, nonprofit management, or communications)
· At least 2 years of proven experience in fundraising or a related field
· Strong communication skills, Nepali and English language
· Demonstrated writing skills, including reports
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with donors and other stakeholders constructively support the organization
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Reasonable knowledge of digital tools and IT systems. Experience with fundraising software and databases will be an added benefit.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Must be open to work out of office (work from home) and in field work
· Passion for the organization’s mission
Equal employment opportunity
The Ujwal Thapa Foundation is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, consultants, and service providers, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job-related criteria, and the appointment will be on the basis of applicants’ merits and abilities.
If you are a motivated and experienced fundraising professional passionate about making a difference, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position at email@example.com